About the Galleries
Abstracted: Botanical forms are transformed by the camera into abstract images through the interplay of light, shadow, and perspective.
Whelks: Beaches of the North Carolina Outer Banks offer a bounty of shells from various sea animals, including whelks. Perhaps due to their size, whelk shells seem to possess a presence that inspired this series of images.
Double Take: The serendipity of double exposures is a delightful photographic pursuit.
Lo-Fi Film: Low fidelity plastic film cameras and pinhole cameras have rudimentary capabilities, yet they are capable of producing intriguing photographs,
About David Kussie:
I have enjoyed learning from, and studying with, exceptionally talented and creative artists at the following educational centers:
- Art Students League of Denver
- Colorado Photographic Arts Center
- Santa Fe Photographic Workshops
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center in Aspen, CO
- The Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University
- The ArtsCenter in Chapel Hill, NC
• • •